How I Take and Edit my Instagram Pics!

So recently, i have been receiving multiple Instagram dms asking how i take my Instagram pictures and how i make it match my theme. So you guessed it, i'm going to make a post about i how i take/edit my Instagram pics.

My Instagram theme was pretty basic, white. But i have recently changed it to something darker (new year, new me.) Lets get on with it....
screenshot of my 2017 theme

1. KNOW YOUR THEME

My first piece of advice is to research what theme you want to have, because you don't want to start anything without know before hand what you are trying to accomplish. I tried to recreate a white theme however, that was really difficult as you would have to have a large ratio of white in your picture. And posts which included beauty products, were really hard to match with my theme.

Pinterest, is the app that gives me inspiration for all my themes!

2. TAKING PICTURES

I usually use my canon powershot to take pictures for my blog. But i sometimes just use my phone for my Instagram pictures, as the quality is equally as good. To take the best pictures, you need the correct angle. Take multiple pictures in different angles and, don't be afraid to spam - you can always delete the ones you don't like after. In addition to this, lighting is always the top priority. If you don't have decent lighting then obviously your picture will be low quality. Regarding this, i am not talking about ring lights or anything fancy like that. I personally use natural lighting as it's free and easy to get (just stand near a window or go outside.) This is the main gist of how i take my pictures for both my blog and Instagram.

3. EDITING

I use 2 apps, VSCO and AirBrush. VSCO is a free app, and i believe AirBrush you have to pay for.

I use VSCO, to theme my pictures and make sure they match my theme. Many people use this app including myself so obviously, you should all get it as it's my number 1.

Airbrush, is a touch up app. Where, you can whiten and perfect your image. I used this when i had my white theme, for the price it is i recommend you buying it. I currently, haven't found a dupe for this app but, i will keep researching for the best app for whitening especially.
my editing folder in my iPhone

4. LAYOUT

Finally, i use the app 'UNUM' to show what my pictures would look like on Instagram using grids. This is an app that i have started to use recently and it 100% works. However, i believe that, whenever you run out of grid space you have to buy some more plots but that won't be an issue for me personally, as i don't keep the same theme for eternity!

my grid from 2017

Thanks for Reading!

by poppy :)

instagram; @poppyyblog 















Comments