What i am taking for options!






Hello everybody!

So if you didn't know already i am in year 9. If you are not in the UK and have no idea what i am on about i will try and explain it the best i can. Basically in year 9 (sometimes schools do it earlier), you choose your options for what you want to take for GSCE. GCSE is basically finals but in the UK we call it GCSE's i don't know why. 

My school decided to give us 3 routes. The first route is E-Bacc, where you take geography or history, French or Spanish and then 2 options of your own choice. The 2nd route is S-Route, you take either geography, history, French , Spanish or computer science then 3 options of your own choice. Finally the 3rd route is the V-Route which is basically for people wanting to be engineers or something like that. 

I was originally told by my school to take the E-Bacc Route, however i decided not to bother doing history or geography because i didn't want to learn about American History because it doesn't interest me. 

Last night me and my mum had a discussion on what i should take and i decided. 

I am taking the S-Route, i am going to hopefully take:
- french
- music
- religious studies (RE)
- photography

Obviously i will still take science, English and maths.

My two reserves (just in case there is not enough room in any of my options) are:
- Media IT Applications
- Computer Science

I am giving my sheet in to my teachers and i will update you in a couple of months when i find out what i am taking!

For anyone else choosing options as well, choose what you are interested in and remember you only need a 5 to pass.

Have a good day,
Poppy-poppyblog

Comments